April 7, 2013

April in Paris

Hello! Linda here, back with an April in Paris tag I made for a challenge this week of the same theme.   Calling to mind spring in Paris...outdoor markets and cafes, daffodils, tulips in bloom, and flowering trees made me think of the Flower Market plate.  I started with a jumbo manila tag, embossed it with the Damask texture fade, using the embossing diffuser to leave a flat oval for stamping. Then I painted over all the embossing with Picket Fence distress paint and spritzed it with Peacock Feathers distress stain.  I stamped the flower girl in Coffee Archival and then masked her and the area around the oval, then stamped the french script background around her.  To cover the joining of the oval and the embossing, I cut a piece of foil tape with the Vintage Lace decorative strip die and arranged it around the oval   The c'est magnifique sentiment is also from the Flower Market plate.  

Even though you might not be in Paris, I hope you are having a great April and enjoying the Spring.

Linda Coughlin

4 comments:

Dagmar said...

Oh - it´s so beautiful - lovely!

Michelle said...

This is lovely! I do love that image. just received the Flower Market plate and I can't wait to use it! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty, frilly, Frenchified tag - love it!
Alison x

Terry said...

Love the shabby chic feel of this tag! So pretty!