May 12, 2016

The Game of Golf

Today I am showcasing The Golf Club stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs website.

I love this stamp set for masculine designs.

I began by applying Peeled Paint Distress Ink to a piece of plastic packaging, spritzing with water and then pressing the ink onto the background and drying with a heat tool. I then applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to Tim Holtz Stripes Stencil; simply press the inkpad directly onto the stencil and then spritz with water. Press the stencil onto the background, pressing on the back with a piece of kitchen towel and then remove the stencil and dry with a heat tool.


I also added a touch of random background stamping using the Ephemera Background stamp and Potting Soil Archival Ink. I then stamped the golfer with Black Archiva Ink onto the background. I created a mask of the golfer, placed the mask onto the stamped image and them stamped the image once again with Black ink. I used an old lid, applied DecoArt Burnt Umber Fluid Acrylic to the lid with my finger and then stamped the lid over the focal imagery.


I used a mix of the stamps to add Golf, Club, Ball to the background; drew around each word with a Stabilo All pencil and then smudged with a water brush. I also added the Live, Laugh, Play sentiment with Black Archival Ink. To add a further layer of interest I added splatters of Burnt Umber paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x




No comments: