February 2, 2014

Vintage Valentine

Tis the season to be making and giving Valentines so I thought I would play around with some hearts.  I started with a half sheet of white card stock (8.5x5.5) and stamped the Eiffel Tower from Paris Exposition and the script stamp from Secretary Pool onto it in black archival.  Then I stenciled hearts using Vintage Photo DI and clear embossed them.  The heart was cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities heart die, stenciled using the Prima Flourish stencil and White Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste and allowed to dry.

Once dry, the high points were sponged with Vintage Photo DI.   The flower is a combination of card stock and crinoline, cut with one layer from the Jumbo Tattered Florals die, a couple from Tattered Florals and two from the Tattered Flowers Decorative Strip die.  They all work beautifully together and allow for so many different flower sizes and shape combinations.

The banner was hand cut, inked with Frayed Burlap, stamped and then misted with Heirlook Gold Perfect Pearls.  It was stamped with the Happy Valentine's Day stamp from Cutie Pie.  The sweet little cupid was glittered with that fabulous Antique Linen distress glitter, using glossy accents.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a great weekend.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

6 comments:

Valya said...

These are absolutely amazing! :))

Words and Pictures said...

So cool - those clear embossed hearts in the background are wonderful... lovely card, Linda!
Alison x

Sharon Y said...

Just lovely Linda!

Nan G said...

Fab card! I'm not a valentine person but I'm going to attempt to case this one!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is so gorgeous. Oh my what a beautiful piece.
susan s

Etsuko said...

Fabulous card. Great technique and configuration, I love vintage taste. Thank you for sweet comment and It's encouraging in my future craft life.
Etsuko xx