January 31, 2014

It's all about the Heart!

Happy Friday!  Suzz here.

I am busy trying to finish up on my Valentine's cards for my kids and hubby.  I was trying to create a masculine valentine's card but it took a turn into a pretty in pink card with an edge.
I love the sentiment in the Oz Collage which speaks to how much we are loved versus how much we love others.  I decided to pair that with the sweet tin man to create a valentines card.

I started with aluminum foil for my backgrounds and the base for most of the pieces on my card.  I embossed with the valentine's embossing folder.  I then added a coat of pink acrylic paint. After that dried I smeared black ink over the embossed surface.  I added a section in the middle with black cardstock which was embossed and smeared with pink paint.

I used the same foil painted in pink for the backdrop for the tin man and the sentiment. I stamped over the surface after it was dried using black ink. I heat embossed with black embossing powder to add a touch of shine.

I finished off the card with gears painted in pink paint and smeared in black ink.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Suzz

Designer: Suzanne Czosek

3 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is SO cool! I absolutely love it. Such a clever use of the plate and the colors are awesome. What a great inspiration!

Hugs,
Linda

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I certainly like your card, I think a man would enjoy it even with the some on it.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, brilliant - perfect setting for the Tin Man!
Alison x