June 16, 2013

Steel Pier


Hope you are not getting tired of our Boardwalk pieces.  As you can see, the design team is really crazy about this new release.  I'm back today with another piece I made for the Artistic Outpost release of their fabulous new Boardwalk plate.  I had such a great time working with this plate - so many wonderful vintage images!  Here I have made a folded tag using one of the jumbo non-branded tags I sell at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I started by sponging the manila tag with Tumbled Glass DI and then creating a fold and cutting the bottom with the Baroque die.  On the front, I cut a panel with the Styled Labels Movers & Shapers die, stamped the gentleman bather, masked him and stamped the Steel Pier image a couple of times.  I added a piece of rope with some nautical knots as a closer for the folded tag.

For the inside, I stamped the umbrella girl in jet black archival, masked her off and stamped the beach hut behind her.  I added a row of the lovely shells across the top.

Below the fold are our bathing beauties and I stamped the sentiment so the top line is above the fold and the bottom line is blow the fold.  The tag edges were sponged with Walnut Stain DI and the whole thing was given a good spritz and flick with water.  My one embellishment was the scallop shell, sponged with Tumbled Glass, cut in a circle and coated with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle, then mounted in one of my rusty bottle caps.
Thanks for look at my tag.  I loved the colors and had so much fun making it.  Hope you are having a great weekend!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is pretty cool. Thanks for the new idea!

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely delicious folded tag - wonderful colours!
Alison x

Deborah said...

Brilliant tag!

Inkypinkycraft said...

this is wonderful, gorgeous colours! fab images too x hugs x trace x

Dianne said...

How could we be tired of them, you designer have used them in such different creative ways, I'm still love the set. Brilliant use of the stamps and the tag love it folded and love the colors, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day...

Sharon Y said...

Fantastic tag! Love the colors. This set is a classic and not tired of it. Bring it!

Michelle said...

This is a fabulous design! Very clever!

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant! Love the fold down surprise and the white knots on the front!