April 16, 2013

Take my hand...

Hello all, Alison here to share one of my recent trio of tags with a few more pictures.  Sorry I'm late... I seem to have messed up the scheduled timing!!  Today I'll focus on the tag with the brother and sister - one of my all-time favourite stamps.
I had a lot of fun trying to create a background worthy of this amazing stamp from the Think and Wonder set!  It started with Tim Holtz's wrinkle-free technique but using Distress Paints rather than inks or stains for a change.
The paints are great to stamp on, so I added some of the wonderful letterpress alphabet block from Secretary Pool to echo the letters behind the brother and sister.  That was stamped in Archival ink, but I also did some stamping with the Distress Paint, using the delicious bubble texture stamp from Generation Redux.
I used the Flourish embossing folder to add some texture, and inked and painted it to highlight it.
Pretty pleased with the finished effect, even though they're unusual colours for me.  (I'll let you in on a secret: the Seedless Preserves was sent to me by mistake instead of Chipped Sapphire.  I'm very happy as I now have both - but thought I ought to explore the Seedless Preserves a bit!)
 The pencils from Secretary Pool seemed a good match for school children - that's part of what I love about AO stamps - the sets complement each other so beautifully, so you get to mix and match.
Crinkle ribbon dyed with Distress Paints and Stains, a couple of Idea-ology bits, and a metal clock from my stash, painted with Weathered Wood DP finish the whole thing off.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  We're almost half way through April, so there's still plenty of time to play along with the April Referral Programme here at Artistic Outpost.  All you need is to have at least one AO image on your project, and you'll qualify for the prize draw.  Hope to see you there!

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures


7 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Lovely combination of stamp sets, Alison - you are right, they work so well together. I have been playing with Jane Austen today!

Lucy x

Kate Yetter said...

Lovely, Alison. Love the mix of stamps in your background. The colors are soft and pretty and perfect for this image.

Netty said...

Loving your pretty background, Annette x

Nan G said...

Oh my this is fabulous! Love the subtle layered background.

Dianne said...

Beautiful work Alison as always. The background is gorgeous and I love the image too. Thanks for sharing sweety, have a great day..

Terry said...

Gorgeous combination of AO stamps! Very pretty background and love the added pocket watch! Hugs!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours and textures for this stamp.
Hugs {brenda} x0x