April 14, 2013

Dare to Dream

I wanted to make a girlie piece for my weekly DT project this week.   I was thinking pinks and blues, but you know how some projects just take on a life of their own - well, there it went!  I started with Weathered Wood and added a favorite green - Bundled Sage and somehow ended up with mostly green.  

Beginning with a jumbo manilla tag, I inked up the text stamp from the Paperboy plate with Picket Fence Distress Stain and stamped it randomly on the tag, then dried it with my heat tool.  Once dry, I started sponging randomly with both Weathered Wood and Bundled Sage distress inks.  I used the TH Baroque die to cut the bottom of the tag then sponged all the edges fairly heavily with Vintage Photo DI.  Distress inks also work as embossing inks so I sprinkled my favorite Enamelware EP around the edges and heated embossed them. 

The sentiment is from the Artistic Outpost Kudzu Kafe plate, stamped on a tag cut from an old Sizzix die.  To pretty it up a bit, I stamped the floral flourish from the Serenity plate, again using Picket Fence Distress Stain instead of stamping ink.  The news girls from Paperboy were stamped with Coffee archival ink and trimmed out.  The panel behind them was cut from white corrugated cardboard with the Baroque die, sponged with Weathered Wood and then edged with Tarnished Brass distress stain.  

My flower was cut from crinoline and tulle with the Tattered Florals die. Using large jump rings, I reconnected the bottom panel so it swings freely and added a large bronze filigree topped off with a pretty rose colored resin flower.  
And that wraps up my weekly make for Artistic Outpost.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great week and be sure to stop back by on Wednesday to join in our monthly Artistic Outpost blog hop.  

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

8 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Linda, I love all the details and how you have achieved a completed different look and mixed up some stamp plates. I might try something like this as funnily enough I have the Paperboy set, lol!

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

Such a gorgeous tag - that ep on the edges brings the beautiful background to stunning life, and the girls look fabulous!
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Linda, I love the white stamping in the background and your flower is gorgeous. Lovely metal piece too. Lovely way to showcase the girls. Tracy x

lilscrappers said...

mmm, I love the way that all came together. I have the enamel EP and haven't cracked it open. Maybe todays the day:).

Ginger said...

Lovely tag, Great idea to cut the bottom with the die cutter. I will have to try that. x

PetraB said...

wonderful details, a fabulous creation

Terry said...

Very pretty tag, Linda! Love the embossing touches and that black flower is a real stunner!

SanDee1899 said...

Oh wow this is fabolous!
XOXO SanDee