February 11, 2012

An English Valentine


Hello Artistic Outlook lovers and happy Saturday to you! I have always loved long length cards, but they are so difficult to find in the stores anymore. There is just something unique and different about them. I thought this shape would be interesting to make into a Valentine, so I gave it a go. After all, handmade is better! 
I made this card using three different sets of AO Stamps: London Underground, French Flight, and Loverly London. These stamp sets really coordinate well together. I stamped the flag image on vellum with Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and colored it in with watercolor pencils. I cut it out in the shape of a heart and stapled it to the doily. The other images were stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink and cut out, except the Cheerio sentiment which was heat embossed in Fired Brick.  The heart was strung to the doily with wire ribbon. Sparkle and shine are a must on a Valentine, so stickles and a gel pen fit the bill.
Don't forget about our Monthly Referral Challenge for "shades of red". There is an awesome prize package giveaway that awaits a winner (yummy AO stamps and Tim Holtz goodies)!
I wish you a super stamping weekend!
Anita Houston, Guest Designer

5 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Anita, you are so clever! This is just fabulous. Enjoy the weekend. Yvonne

Melanie Statnick said...

OOo The longer cards are a cute idea! reminds me of a little steampunk. Love the heart.

SmilynStef said...

Awesome combination of stamps for this fun little valentine.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Ohhh, just luvin' this, and to think, ballon guy does have a heart!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So cute and clever. Like the way you have the cityscape along the bottom too. Love the red - my favorite color!