February 1, 2011

Pocket Coloring Books

One of my favorite projects that I created with the new Think & Wonder stamps were these Pocket Coloring Books for my nieces and nephews. I downloaded lots of free coloring book pages of their favorite things from the internet ... princesses, ballerinas, cartoon characters ... and then sized them to ATC size (2.5" x 3.5") before printing them on white cardstock & cutting them out.

I used the Think & Wonder stamps to make the front & back covers by attaching the stamped images to chipboard and then attached everything together using a binder ring from the office supply store.

For the first one, the alphabet image of two children was stamped on Webster's Pages DP. I colored several of the letters using Prismacolor pencils to bring in the colors from the paper. I cut out several more butterflies from the remaining piece of paper and glued them onto the image. I finished with fun textured ribbon including velvet ric rac and Vintage Findings Seam Binding.

One of my nieces has beautiful strawberry blonde hair, so I stamped the next image in Pumpkin Spice ink on another piece of Webster's Pages. This time I punched tiny butterflies from paper scraps to embellish the design.

I finished with a strip of numbers along the bottom cut from the same papers and one of the wonderful sentiments from the set.

I finished with velvet ric rac and ribbon on the binder ring.


For the final one, I stamped it in Chestnut Roan ink on another piece of Webster's Pages DP with a few more numbers to embellish the design.

I used some fun ribbon to complete the design.

1 comment:

Prunella Papercraft said...

Just discovered your blog & this company....& I'm in love!! The work here is beautiful & inspiring & I can't wait to check out your products! Thanks so much for sharing.