October 11, 2016

We'll Go Together


Hello, Avril here today and as the weather is getting colder I decided to make an Autumnal card.

I began by inking my craft sheet with Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive and Ground Espresso Distress Inks, spritzed this with water and then repeatedly dipped my 8" x 12" card, drying between applications, so the colours don't end up looking muddy.  I cut this into two 5" x 5" pieces, which left me with a piece to cut some Autumn leaves.


On one of the 5" x 5" pieces I randomly stamped the small leaf from the elements in the Generation Redux plate, using Rusty Hinge Distress ink.

My scene was created by using the background scene from the Serenity stamp plate, again, masking and extending the field, this was coloured with DIs (the birds in the background are hand drawn)

I inked up the two children from Think and Wonder with Black Archival and  Aged Mahogany Distress ink on their clothing and fussy cut and added to the background, along with the die cut leaves.

I hope I've encouraged you to ink up your AO stamps and create a project, if so, please share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page, we would love to see them.

Thanks for your visit, have a great week.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

3 comments:

Janette said...

Wonderful job Avril..x

Words and Pictures said...

A gorgeous autumnal make.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is beautiful! Chrisx