June 18, 2016

Life is Better...with Ice Cream!

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, with another fun Mixed Media card using Ice Cream Shoppe, Bottle Caps Background, Grunge Elements and Harvest stamp sets from the Artistic Outpost Spring 2016 Release.

This background was designed using a Watercolor Lifting Technique- First, I covered a piece of watercolor paper with water-based markers, added water and dried with the Heat Tool.  

After applying the initial color, I decided I wanted a deeper color, so I applied Tim Holtz® Distress Inks and Distress Crayons with more water until I was satisfied with the background color.

Next, I heat embossed the Bottle Caps Background with clear embossing powder, then once the embossing was cooled, used a damp paper towel to lift some of the watercolor from the background, hence the name, Watercolor Lifting :-)

I die cut the background panel with the largest rectangle in the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies.  

I stamped the Harvest and Ice Cream Shoppe images and sentiment onto white cardstock with Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink, die cut the sentiment with a smaller rectangle from the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies and fussy cut the other images.

I colored the fussy- cut Ice Cream Shoppe images along with the Harvest boy image with water-based markers, added a bit of shimmer to the ice cream and used Grunge Elements for the splatter on the Ice Cream Shoppe sentiment.

I mounted all of the fussy-cut images along with the sentiment onto black cardstock (I fussy-cut around the outlines to create a thin frame :-)).

I wanted to use a bit more shimmer, so I looped a bit of silver cord trim onto the background panel before adhering all of the images with dimensional foam and mounting the entire background panel to the black frame on the white card base(popping up that layer as well with dimensional foam).

The colors are a bit darker and richer IRL but I hope this card may have inspired you to pull out your Artistic Outpost stamps and create your own project.

If you do, don’t forget to come play along and enter your Artistic Outpost artwork into the “June Show Us Your AO Art Challenge” – please click here for details.

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful week!


Designer- Julie Gearinger

No comments: