March 10, 2016

The Great Gatsby

I am following on with my designs using the fabulous Gatsby stamps from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I began by applying DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Medium Grey and Dark Grey to a piece of white card, blending with a baby wipe and then drying with a heat tool. I then applied DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Carbon Black to a circular lid and stamping three circles with the lid to the background. I repeated this process for the white circles and then dried with a heat tool.
I added Tissue Tape to the background for added interest and texture along with some mesh wire that I found at an antique store on one of my regular visits.
The focal image of the gent has been added to an ATC which again was coloured with DecoArt Medium and Dark Grey Fluid Acrylics. I continued with the painty circles and added one around the focal image using Titanium White Fluid Acrylic. I stamped "The Great Gatsby" onto a piece of scrap card which I also coloured with paint, cut out and applied Black Archival Ink to the edges of each piece.
I added a few random pieces of punched out bits of white card and added delicate splatters of Titanium White Fluid Acrylic.
I also included Remnant Rubs for added interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning, Tracy! I just love all of the details and your very cool antique store find of the wire mesh! Totally Cool!! XOXO-Shari

Aimeslee Winans said...

Tracy, this is gorgeous! Love it! xoxo