February 11, 2016

SOAR

Today I am showcasing the Birds of a Feather stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I began by applying an old book page to a piece of white card using Gel Medium. I then placed three die cut circles onto the text background and then brayered paint over the top using South Pacific and Hey Pesto Fresco Finish Paints and I then removed the die cut circles to reveal the text apertures.
I stamped each of the circles with an image from the Birds of a Feather stamp set using Black Archival Ink and then added a touch of shading with coloured pencils, using only a light touch.
I added the "SOAR" sentiment from the Quote and Quotables stamp set, using only part of the sentiment, stamping with Forget-me-not Archival Ink.
I used a Stabilo All black pencil to add shading and to highlight each of the circles.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x



2 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty! I love those birds over the book page and the design is really nice. TFS!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely technique and art piece, Tracy. xoxo