January 10, 2016

Big Statement, Little Card

Hi There--It's me Shari!!  Thanks for joining me today!!  I've got a quickie little tag card to share with you today using images from our Go Team stamp set, that packs a lot of punch in its big statement....


I love good quotes, especially ones that evoke strength and determination, and even though this quote is in our football themed set, it can be applied for every aspect of life--Even in crafting (like, when you lose your mojo...)!!  Luckily, I've been able to keep my Mr. Mojo happy of late, and we whipped up this quickie tag card to share with you today. 


This tag card was really quick to make, too, because I actually had a plan and idea and all I had to do was get it all down onto paper! (Thanks, Mr. Mojo!)  There's the Go Team stamp set and I'm going to be using a couple of different Distress Spray Stains to create the background on the tag.  
 


I used each spray stain separately so the colors wouldn't become muddy.  I sprayed Mowed Lawn DSS onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and ran the tag through the stain on both sides. 
 


I heat set the tag and also cleaned up my craft sheet for the next round of stain.  This time I used Walnut Stain DSS and ran the tag through again, on both sides. 


I roughed up the edges with my paper distresser and ran through my sewing machine to add the stitched border. 
 


I folded the tag in half to form my card and ran through my sewing machine again to add an additional border of stitching.  This will be the front of the card.
 


I couldn't help myself, but I had to give the back of the card an additional border of machine stitching, too, to match the front of the card--you know how that is!  
 
 

Behind the scenes, I've stamped this image of these two footballers onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and water colored with Distress Markers and my water brush.  I fussy cut them out and set aside.  This silver trophy was stamped onto m-m paper with Watering Can Archival then covered with silver EP and heat set.  I carefully fussy cut and set aside with the boys. 


I stamped the image of the stadium onto tissue paper with Jet Black Archival and fussy ripped out.  I adhered to the surface of the card with matte Decou-Page and heat seat. 


I stamped the quote onto a piece of acetate with Jet Black Archival and carefully heat seat.  I trimmed the quote and adhered to the card with a thin layer of matte Decou-Page and pressed between a couple of heavy books for a spell. 


I adhered an additional strip of 'Touchdown' stamped tissue paper onto the background then layered my previously fussy cut teammates and trophy cup into place and finished with an embellishment of mica flakes here and there. 

See, a little card with a big statement!  I LOVE it!!  It's become one of my favorite quotes and I know I'll be mixing and matching this with other Artistic Outpost stamps in the future!! 

Thanks again for joining me today!  I'll see you next Sunday!!


Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

2 comments:

Lys said...

Beautiful background with a great combination of the stamps, I love this tag!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so very cool, the stitching is such a wonderful detail and the stamp is awesome!