December 3, 2015

Christmas Robin

I have a Christmas card this week for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I created a mixed media backdrop for the Robin from the Birds of a Feather stamp set.
I brayered a piece of white card with Broken China, Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord Distress Paints, applying the colour very lightly with the brayer so that some of the white areas are still visible.
I added some delicate stencilling using a layering stencil and Dusty Concord Distress Ink along with random circles of paint using lids from my products.
 I added a tree die cut from white card and added dimension to the Robin, stamping him twice with Black Archival Ink, cutting him out and adhering with hot glue.
I also added scratchy paint lines with an old credit card and Dusty Concord Distress Paint along with some delicate splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint. I love how all the layers of paint are visible.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 



No comments: