November 26, 2015

Toy Emporium

This week I am showcasing the newly released Toy Emporium stamp set from Artistic Outpost.
I wanted to create something a little different this week and decided to create a shadow frame using Tim Holtz Pocket Watch Frame die combined with Eileen Hull's 3D Die; which worked perfectly with the Artistic Outpost imagery.
The inside of the clock acts as my shadow box to showcase the adorable little girl from the Toy Emporium stamp set. I added a touch of colour to the imagery using my Polychromo pencils. I also created a mask of the girl before adding the background stamping.  I also included some delicate paint splatters using Fired Brick Distress Paint. To add further to the vintage feel I applied a coat of DecoArt Crackle Glaze and then rubbed over the cracks with Raw Umber Antiquing Cream, removing the excess with a baby wipe.
I added the dimensional clock to a chunky ATC which I painted with Fired Brick Distress Paint and then covered with a coat of DecoArt Crackle Glaze, once again ageing further with Antiquing Cream. I also added some foliage and a mini Christmas Tree for added interest.
As I started to put my pieces together I decided to add rusty wire around the edges of the front piece before thinking about how I would adhere this to the dimension clock piece. In the end I decided to cement them together using DecoArt Crackle Paste, which worked perfectly. I applied Antiquing Cream to the Crackle Paste once dry just to age a little.
A touch more foliage has been added to the top along with a few berries to add to the seasonal charm.
When I die cut the pieces I did add decorative paper to the Eileen Hull's 3D Die before assembling, so that the decorative paper appeared on the inside of the clock.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x


No comments: