October 1, 2015

Joyeux Noel

Today I have my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I thought I would get a head start on a couple of Christmas Cards so today I am showcasing one of my favourites the Snowy Woods stamp set. The background of the card has been brayered lightly with Fired Brick and Tarnished Brass Distress Paints; the Tarnished Brass gives a touch of shimmer to the backdrop. I dried the layers of paint with a heat tool.
I die cut two hearts from scrap card, placed the hearts onto the background and applied Permanent Red PanPastel over the heart die cut and I then stamped the focal images into each of the hearts using Black Archival Ink, adding touches of white with a wax crayon. I also added the sentiment from the Snowy Woods stamp set to one of the hearts. I added twine across my card, securing in place using the Tiny Attacher. I added the sentiment on top of the twine. To add a further layer of interest I added delicate splatters of Tarnished Brass Paint to the background.
Touches of stencilling have been added using the Tim Holtz Stars Layering stencil, firstly applying Crackle Paste over the stencil and then adding more stencilled stars using Fired Brick Distress Ink to give a tone on tone effect.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christmas goodness, Tracy! Just an exquisite holiday card!! XOXO-Shari