August 30, 2015

Dare To Be

Hello There!!  Shari here with you today, which means another Sunday is upon us and it's time for my weekly project here at Artistic Outpost!!  I had my Kudzu Kafe set on my craft table this week and created this little bi-fold ATC....


These ATCs are a bit of an experiment in backgrounds for me and during the experimentation phase, I did not take pictures, but I do explain what I was experimenting with at my blog today, if you'd like to go over and have a looksee. 


I stamped each Kudzu Person onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and water colored with Distress Markers and my water brush.  I heat set then gave each image a rubbing with Tea Dye Distress Ink and fussy cut. 


I stamped the tree image from the Home set in the background with Jet Black Archival--it's a 2nd generation stamping to keep the image a little shadowy.   I adhered the fussy cut Kudzu Lady to the surface and outlined her with Black Soot DI and my water brush, then with another outline of white gel pen. 


Each panel, like that of this handsome Kudzu Kid, was adorned with an altered numbered  brad.  I rubbed the surface of the brad with Picket Fence Distress Paint, let air dry just a little, then rubbed off with my finger. 


I made little word bands out of each Kudzu quote and adhered to each ATC panel.  I outline the bands with Black Soot DI and my water brush and outlined a second time with my white gel pen. 


This is one of my favorite quotes that I have in my AO stamp sets and I wanted it to make a statement so I left it on its own, so to speak, with no extra stamping in the background or embellies. 

Thanks so much for joining me on this last Sunday of August! Holy Moly--I just realized that as I typed it!  Well then, I'll see you here next week in September! 

Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: