June 7, 2015

In The Rain

Hello & Happy Sunday!!  It's me Shari and I've got a card to share today that I made using our new Springtime stamp set.  It's a perfect card for today, because it's been raining pretty much all week where I live!


I'm also using images from The Outpost & Home stamp sets to help set this rainy day scene.


This is how my background started.  This is a monoprint from my gelli plate.  I used 3 different DecoArt acrylics and a brayer to smoosh all of those colors together.  Then I pressed my Wendy Vecchi Dots stencil directly into the wet paint on the gelli plate, then pressed my piece of mixed-media paper onto the gelli plate surface and gently lifted away. 


I stamped the images of the trees from Home twice onto the background with Jet Black Archival and placed a ripped piece of tissue tape under the image to anchor it.  Oh, you can see the script back there--That's from The Outpost, and probably my all time favorite text/script image--But I digress--I stamped that with Evergreen Bough DI randomly in the background. 


I stamped the fence image from Springtime across the background with Jet Black Archival, and then stamped the image again, to try to get that portion of fence to look more like a gate, especially with the kids standing right in front of it....Those kids are fussy cuts from mixed media paper.  I stamped them with Jet Black Archival, heat set, then rubbed with Tea Dye DI.  The umbrella was separately stamped in Buttercup Archival and heat embossed with its coordinating embossing powder. 


Before I adhered all of the fussy cut pieces into place, I added more strips of tissue tape and the black & white paint lines with the side of an old gift card.  I stamped the quote onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival, fussy cut and mounted onto black card stock.  Everything was adhered into place with matte multi-medium, then I took a round paint brush and splattered Picket Fence DP over the surface and heat set.  I mounted onto its card base and inked all of the edges with Black Soot DI and my ink blending tool. 

I've really been enjoying creating with our new Springtime set--I'm sure this won't be the last time you see these little darlings from me!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  See you next week!!


Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: