April 26, 2015

Wonder and Think

Hi There--It's me, Shari! Thank You for joining me today!  I missed being able to participate in the Artistic Outpost Blog Hop this past Wednesday and the stamp category of This & That is such a fun one!  I've got masculine birthdays coming up this year, so I used the opportunity of the AO Blog Hop theme to make a future birthday tag using 3 This & That stamp sets. 


I'm using Ephemera Backgrounds, Apothecary and the Think & Wonder sets for this jumbo tag. 


I randomly stamped the ledger image from the Ephemera Backgrounds set onto my layered background.  I used the stamp un-mounted so I could roll the stamp and use small sections of it where I wanted. 


I stamped Dr. Forrest onto mixed-media paper using Jet Black Archival twice and water colored one of the images with my Distress Markers and water brush.  I fussy cut the Dr. out and layered him onto the other stamped image, fussy cut again and layered onto a piece of black stock that I cut with decorative scissors. 


I stamped the words from the Think & Wonder set onto manila stock, fussy cut and mounted onto black stock.  I took those words and layered them on top of the glassine labels. 


Dr. Forrest's prescription is stamped onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and fussy cut.  I crumpled it into a ball and roughly inked the edges.  I unwrinkled and distressed with more Distress Inks and then spritzed & flicked water over the surface. 

 
The bottle is stamped onto mixed-media stock with Sky Blue Archival and heat embossed with its coordinating Sky Blue Embossing Powder.  I fussy cut the bottle and inked the edges with Black Soot DI.  I stamped the 'Fountain of Youth' label onto tissue paper and adhered to the bottle with matte multi-medium.  The cork was stamped and inked separately and heat embossed with Vintage Photo Embossing Powder. 


As this is going to be a future birthday tag, I thought including a bottle of "Fountain of Youth" would be fun!  Just Wonder & Think what having a bottle of elixir from the 'Fountain of Youth' would mean! 

Thank you again for joining me on this last Sunday of April!  The month is ticking down rapidly, which means there are only a few days left to enter our monthly Show Us Your AO Art Challenge.  April's Anything Goes with AO stamps closes on April 30th at 11:55pm CDT--Show us your AO Art!! 


Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

This is gorgeous, Shari. The combination of brown and blue is a winner ! Fabulous !
Corrie x

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous Shari, love this.
Julie x

Unknown said...

Thank You Corrie!! :) Thank You Julie!! :) Thanks so much for coming by Artistic Outpost!! :) XOXO-Shari