March 15, 2015

Tag of a Gentleman

Hello Hello!!  Shari here with today's Sunday before St. Patrick's Day post, and I decided to go a wee bit green with my color scheme today to get you revved up for the festivities-However you may celebrate!   


I'm still indulging in the festivities of the very fun and masculine New Release images of the Hat's Off stamp set and the Hats Background image, and with the day of the Irish almost upon us, I couldn't help but go all green with this tag! 

 

I've stamped a #8 manila tag with the Hats Background image in Olive Archival, then layered it with a panel of mixed-media paper that I treated with an all green Distress Spray Stain stencil monoprint technique.  I used Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint & Crushed Olive DSSs and my Harlequin LS.  I stamped this handsome gent several times onto mixed-media stock in Jet Black & Olive Green Archival and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.  I heat embossed the green images so I could fussy cut the hats & bowties and use on the images that I water colored. 



I used a post-it note to mask this quote off, inked it with Jet Black Archival, removed the post-it note, then stamped onto my top panel. 


I attached my fussy cut gentlemen to my tag with double-backed tape and foam squares, then I attached all of my green painted embellies and tied a green stained piece of seam binding into a messy bow at the top. 


How are you feeling?  Did this exposure to green get you into the feelin' o' the Irish?  I know I'm feeling a bit of the spirit in me--I may just do a little jig I'm feeling so happy & green (plus, Spring is almost here)!! 

Thanks so much for joining me in my celebration of green today!  I appreciate your visits and comments and hope to see you again soon!! 


Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

1 comment:

Terry said...

Shari, I love how you used this old chap for a St. Paddy's theme! Great background and of course I love the touches of green!