March 8, 2015

Find Your Serenity

Hi There! It's me, Shari--Happy Sunday!!  Have you seen the wonderful Product Focus creations my fellow Artistic Outpost Teammates have been showcasing this week?  I missed creating for the announcement of this new monthly feature, but as soon as I could, I gathered my Flowers & Garden themed AO stamps and created this card.


I'm using the Serenity and The Outpost stamp sets for this single layer card--which is a feat for me (well, single layer to me is, one top layer on top of my card base)!  It's really hard to resist the urge to layer and embellish and layer some more, but here, the stamp images speak for themselves.


I'm using a piece of manila stock to do all of my coloring and stamping on and my card base is kraft stock.  I treated the manila panel with Antique Linen, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed & Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stains, with a dry brush of gesso here and there.  I stamped the house and tree image onto the dried panel with Jet Black Archival Ink. 


Before adhering the quote into place, I randomly stamped the script image from The Outpost set in Jet Black Archival.  I made a master board of the same colors of Distress Spray Stains and stamped the flowers and quote several times for fussy cutting purposes.


After these little blooms were carefully fussy cut, I treated them with a light layer of Clear Rock Candy DCP, let air dry, then punched a hole into each one and gave them each a metal brad center. 


With all of the blended color and those pops of white gesso, you'd think this took a long time to create or that an excessive amount of work went into this--NOPE, not at all!!  By utilizing just 4 Artistic Outpost images and the inky goodness of Distress Spray Stains (and a heat tool), I had this card made quickly and easily.  If I can do this, so can you!! 

Thank you for joining me today!  We're only one week into the March Artistic Outpost Show Us Your AO Art Challenge--Anything Goes, so let's see your AO Art creations! Maybe a one-layer card of your own, perhaps? 

Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy