February 12, 2015

Wintertime

Morning all, today I have a wintry card for you showcasing one of the fabulous new releases from Artistic Outpost.
This card showcases the SKATING EMPORIUM stamp set, perfect for those winter birthdays or seasonal cards.
I added embossed stars to my background using embossing paste through a layering stencil and then spritzing with Broken China, Weathered Wood and Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stains, adding just a touch of Olive Bronze Wax here and there as a contrast. I thought the winter wonderland word band was perfect with these images.
I wanted to do a wintertime piece with these images and I thought showcasing them in a time piece was perfect. I added several layers to the pocket watch to give dimension and so that it acted like a type of shadow frame. Again I added embossed stars to the top of the timepiece and coloured with Distress Spray Stains. The focal image from the stamp set has been stamped with black Archival Ink and I have coloured with Broken China Distress Ink and flicked with water. I masked the focal image and then stamped the background image, adding faux snow for that frosty feel. I also embedded an ice skate embellishment within the snow.
I added wintertime using label letters and matted my design onto a grey card stock.
I added seam binding coloured with Distress Inks, along with a die cut snowflake and coordinating embellishment.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x x


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this card, Tracy!! I just love how you layer the pocket watch die cuts! Love That!! This is just a fabulous card with those darling skating kids!! XOXO-Shari