January 11, 2015

A Fisher of Men

Happy Sunday!  Welcome back to my weekly post here at Artistic Outpost (I'm still getting used to being here!).  I know that Spring comes before Summer, and we're barely into the first month of Winter, but I find my thoughts already drifting to those warmer, sunnier days that Summer will bring and the pleasant outdoor activities that come with (still a good 6 months away, I know...big sigh).


The Keeper stamp set was just calling my name, not to mention screaming SUMMER! Now, doesn't it look like this gal had a good day?  I'm using a #8 manila tag, stained with Worn Lipstick & Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stains that gave me this warm, Summer sunset background.  The house image is stamped with Jet Black Archival and I added strips of tissue tape here and there.  I blended Tea Dye, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain Distress inks over the entire surface, then spritzed and flicked water for those wonderful water spots. 


This is a good close-up shot of the rustic frame from the Chalk It Up stamp set.  I stamped it onto manila stock with Coffee Archival Ink and heat embossed with Antiquities Frosted Crystal embossing powder.  I fussy cut it and distressed the edges then finished it with an inking of Walnut Stain Distress Ink. 

I stamped the quote onto a scrap piece of acetate with Jet Black StazOn, fussy cut and outlined with Black Soot Distress Paint.  When dry, I adhered to the manila tag with matte gel, which dries completely transparent...gosh I love that stuff! 


My 'fisher of men' gal is stamped with Jet Black Archival ink onto a piece of mixed media stock and water colored with my water brush and Distress Markers in Tattered Rose, Faded Jeans, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge.  I fussy cut her out, made her a fishing pole out of toothpicks and adhered her into the frame with foam squares and double-back tape.  I masked her off and spritzed the entire tag with my art air tool and my Rusty Hinge Distress Marker. 


I topped the tag with stained seam binding and jute twine with the embellishment of a fishing line swivel clip thingy and a type charm adorned with the letter 'K' for Keeper!

I'm so glad that you joined us today and I hope you enjoyed my early offering of Summer on this chilly, Winter's day.  And speaking of joining us--Show Us Your Artistic Outpost Art and join our monthly challenge!  It's Anything Goes with AO stamps, so-show us what you've got! 

See you next week!!

Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: