December 7, 2014

A Christmas Wish

Hello, Linda here with a card I made using the Christmas Chalk stamp set.  I decided to combine chalkboard style with rustic.  I grabbed a sheet of corrugated cardboard and cut it to 5x5", then used scissors to distress the edges.  I dry brushed the cardboard with gesso and then sponged the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment on black card stock with white pigment ink, dried it with y heat tool and die cut it with a die from the new Tim Holtz Thinlits Labels set.  The snowman was stamped twice, fussy cut and one was popped up with craft foam for dimension.  The 25th was also cut with a die from the Labels set.  My snowflakes were cut from white corrugated cardboard with the new Stacked Snowflake die.  The card shell was stamped with the snowflakes from the Snowy Woods set with Frayed Burlap.

That's it for this week.  I hope you will be inspired to Show Us Your Art with our monthly challenge.  You have all month and the challenge theme is Anything Goes.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely stunning card from Linda, love the snowflake banner specially, but the whole card is just fab!