October 3, 2014

I Believe in Miracles!

Happy Friday to you all! October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought I would make an inspirational card for all those who have fought or know someone who has battled cancer. So this is dedicated to all those warriors and their families! I would also like to remind you that the new October "Show us your AO Art" has also begun, so hop on over for all the details!

My card started with the obvious "pink" colors in mind and the lovely women of the "Generation Redux" collection. I stamped the ladies in Coffee Archival, heat set and then lightly added color in pink shades to their faces and clothes and then fussy cut them.
I wanted the flower to pop a little, so this was stamped three times in Black Archival and colored in and finished off with one of those pink gem brads. I did color the silver part with a black Sharpie.
The sentiment from "Quotes and Quotables" was stamped on light pink paper in Black and shaded in pink and obviously matted on black. These were stamped separately and cut and then placed on a piece of "Blooming Gardens" designer paper from Our Daily Bread Designs, which I toned down slightly using Dylusions white spray.

Thank you for stopping by today and have a fabulous weekend!

Designer: Terry Horrall
Terry's Work In Progress

2 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

A stunning card Terry, love those sentiments!

Redanne said...

Great choice of stamps Terry and those sentiments really are very inspirational on your beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx