August 31, 2014

Autumn Rx


Linda here with my Sunday post.  Today I have a card to share that I made for the August Artistic Outpost blog hop.  Here are a few quick details on my card.  I started by making a background panel with a piece of white card stock, inking a stencil with Rusty Hinge DI and misting it very lightly.  Once inked and misted, the stencil was laid face down on my white CS.  A paper towel was laid over it and burnished lightly with my hand.  I pulled it away and revealed this lovely pattern that is heavily inked in some areas and lightly in others.  I love the faded look of random parts of the pattern.

The leaves were cut with one of my all time favorite dies, the Mini Tattered Leaves Movers and Shapers.  I stamped them with the advertisement stamp from the Old Grist Mill in Jet Black Archival.  Then the edges were sponged with Black Soot DI and misted with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls.  I scrunched them and then dried them with my heat tool and once dry, the edges were sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  The flowers were made the same way except the stamp used was the ledger stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds.  The prescription form is from the Apothecary set and the sentiments are from Kudzu Kafe.

That's it for this week's Artistic Outpost make.  I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

No comments: