July 23, 2014

Snowy Woods


We had our hottest day of the year yesterday, and to cool off, I started to create Christmas cards!  The vintage Santa image is from the fabulous Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods plate.  I stamped the image in Black Archival on a scrap of pattern paper from the collection I was using, then sponged the edges in Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, and die cut the panel with circle dies.  To further age the panel, I applied Ranger Crackle Paint and for a bit of sparkle I added Dry Glitter.


To age the background paper panels, I applied Gesso to a Snowflake Stencil, once dry, I embossed the panels with a Snowflake Embossing Folder, sponged the edges and raised areas, then applied Crackle Paint and Dry Glitter.

To embellish, I die cut the "fishtails" from Black card stock and scraps of pattern paper using the Pennants Die.  The Black scallop border is die cut using the ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Dies,  and Gesso was added to the Poinsettia flower.

Don't forget that you can save 25% on all the Artistic Outpost Christmas/Winter stamp plates through Saturday, July 26, 2014!  See our blog here for more details! 

Mark your calendars, as the Artistic Outpost Design Team Monthly Blog Hop will be back next Wednesday!  

For more inspiration using Artistic Outpost plates, follow our Pinterest Boards, or visit our Gallery!

Designer - Lisa Somerville




No comments: