May 15, 2014

Birds Of A Feather

This week I am showcasing the fabulous Birds Of A Feather plate.
I created an Artist Trading Block using Eileen Hull's Cube/Block die, I am loving making these at the moment! I coloured the inside and the outside of my block with Mustard Seed Distress Ink to give a wonderful cheery feel to my design.
I have used the Latticework layering stencil in the background applying Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the stencil to add a further layer of interest in the background. I have also added a Monocle to the bird's face and the bird has been stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I have also added a touch of background stamping using the background stamp from the plate.
The stencilled detail has also been added to the interior of my block and I have dangled a heart charm for added interest.
Further stencilling has been added to the sides of the box and I have included more background stamping using Archival Ink.
I die cut a heart from this side and added a heart charm to the centre.
The top of the box has a die cut heart added and further stamping and stencilling.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy this is lovely! Really like the monocle in front of the bird. Karen.x

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious, Tracy - love that monocle over the bird's head - very cool!
Alison x