May 11, 2014

At the Shore

Greetings!  Linda here back with my weekly post and this week it's featuring the Boardwalk plate.  I used Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans distress stains on half of an 8.5x11 sheet of Ranger's Specialty Card Stock.  I blotted and dried and blotted again, repeating several times until I got a look that I was happy with.  The hotel was stamped on an ATC sized piece of CS and the muscle man and bathing beauty were stamped with jet black archival and fussy cut.  I stamped two pier tickets and cut them out.   The Atlantic City seal was also stamped in jet black archive, sponged with Vintage Photo and then I applied a round epoxy seal and cut it out around the edge.

The sea creatures were cut from gray chipboard with an old Cuttlebug die set.  I painted them with black acrylic paint and then rubbed gold acrylic paint over them with my finger.  They were layered over a piece of cheese cloth that was dyed with Vintage Photo stain.   A few glass dew drops were added for bubbles as well as a few glittery flatback rhinestone pieces.  A little stenciling with a Wendy Vecchi stencil finished the piece off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Linda Coughlin, Designer
The Funkie Junkie


1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this, Linda - brilliant stamping and embellishing, and those little bubbles are genius!
Alison xx