March 31, 2014

Born to Stand Out

Happy Monday, Artistic Outpost Fans!  Lisa here today, sharing a Mixed Media card with some of my favorite AO images!


The background is created with DecoArt Acrylic Paints, Stencils and the Gelli Arts Plate. Once my background panel was dry, I randomly stamped the numbers from the Artistic Outpost Generation Redux plate  and the Alphabet from the Secretary Pool plate in Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to add a bit more depth to the background.  Stamping along the edges in Black Archival Ink, I added images from the Serenity and Generation Redux plates.  The sweet children and sentiment are from the Think and Wonder Plate.  I stamped the children on a scrap piece of paper in Black Archival Ink, and cut them away from the background.  The text is stamped on a scrap of the background.  I adhered both the children and the text to the background panel using DecoArt Deco-Page.  To further add to the depth of the background I dipped a paint bottle cap into Gesso and randomly added circle to the background panel.

Designer - Lisa Somerville

3 comments:

Cocofolies said...

This is very beautiful, I love this card, the colours and depth is fabulous and the children really lovely!! Coco x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous Gellit print - so dynamic and the black stamping around the edge is gorgeous!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Yeah... that would be "Gelli"!
xx