February 9, 2014

Do more....

...of what makes you happy.  Getting inky makes me happy!  Linda here, back to share the results of a recent play session in my craft room.   I pulled out some Artistic Outpost vintage style stamps (Whimsical Melange and Ephemeral Backgrounds) and stamped them with Jet Black archival ink, then did a bit of clear embossing. Next came sponging using distress inks - Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo with just a few pumps of water from a mister bottle to make the ink react.  Everything was starting to come together but it still needed a bit more so out came the new Tim Holtz Latticework stencil, stenciled on with Vintage Photo and then finished off with a few black doodle lines around the edges.

For my focal image I used one of the images from Whimsical Melange, grabbed a piece of left over rusty wire mesh that was floating around my craft desk and glued it down with multi medium matte as a backdrop for my butterflies.  Then I pinned my butterfly "specimens", using the pin to hang my sentiment tag on.  The sentiment is from Typography.  The specimen number tag was computer generated.

I hope your weekend is fantastic and that you are getting some crafting time.  Thanks so much for taking time to drop by for a visit!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

3 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great colours here , love the paper butterflies and the stencilled background looks great ! Hugs trace. X

Claudine said...

Really lovely tag Linda!

Words and Pictures said...

Really fabulous, Linda - amazing colours, stencilling and stamping in the background, and your Ephemera butterflies are brilliant!
Alison x