January 21, 2014

Transform not conform

Hello everyone!  First of all, I owe you a huge apology for missing last week's post - I completely lost track of the days, and managed to lose Tuesday altogether.

But I'm back today and with a Spring-coloured tag full of New Year's resolution, using probably my favourite sentiment from last year's Chalkboard Wisdom release.
This was a mop-up tag...  I started it off deliberately with a thick coat of gesso that I pressed an embossing folder into for texture.
Then I just kept it to one side on my craft table and grabbed it whenever there was some blue/green ink or paint leftover that needed mopping up (quite often on my craft mat, as you'll imagine).
When I decided it was "done", I stamped the sentiment onto some tissue paper and glued it down with multi-medium, pressing gently with my sticky fingers to get it down into the ridges and spaces.
The butterflies are by Studio Calico and after painting them white I stamped the background text from the Bluebird plate in Olive Archival and inked around the edges.
There's also a bit of Bluebird text in Aquamarine Archival hovering in the background.
A bit of Distress Paint and Stain to dye the seam binding and we're done.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Do come and play in our Monthly Referral Program... As long as your creation contains at least one Artistic Outpost image, we'd love to see you there!

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures

1 comment:

Terry said...

OK, from this day forward, I will mop up my messes! Alison, this is such a delightful tag and I so love that sentiment! Hugs!