November 7, 2013

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

I am showcasing the fabulous CHRISTMAS CHALK plate from Artistic Outpost for my DT post this week.
I've gone for a vintage feel with this card, embossing the backdrop with a snowflake embossing folder and dry brushing with Gesso to highlight.
I've added the fabulous santa from the SNOWY WOODS plate, one of my favourite images to the frame from the CHRISTMAS CHALK plate, stamping with Black Archival Ink and colouring with Distress Inks, adding white highlights to his beard with a white pencil. I have also added LET IT SNOW to the backdrop.
The frame has been used a second time to showcase the fabulous sentiment and I have also added some festive background stamping with Coffee Archival to the frame. I have die cut a bauble from white card, coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then added the santa image once again to the bauble, adding twine and a wooden star for further interest.
A large ornate snowflake has been added to the top of the card and I have also incuded a couple of Chitchat stickers and twine for added interest.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Designer: Tracy Evans  xx



2 comments:

Regina said...

Love this card!!! I really like how you made the snowflake POP off the card.

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, Tracy. Love the stamp combining, and those fabulous stringy bows finish it off beautifully.
Alison x