October 8, 2013

Christmas comes early...

Hello all, Alison here with a Christmas card... don't faint!  Not only a card - which I really don't do often - but a Christmas card, and I don't usually do the C-thing before November!  But with the lovely stamps in the Christmas Chalk set, it's hard to resist...
I started with some lovely Graphic 45 papers from the Christmas Emporium pad, and cut the little family scene from one of pages.
I did my usual chalkboard technique for the main sentiment - the title of one of my all-time favourite Christmas songs (the Judy Garland version obviously the version of choice!)... Wow SuperFine Bright White embossing powder onto black card, with some added chalkiness from a Prima Chalk Edger and a white pencil.
I layered these two main elements up with the other papers I'd selected from the pad, and stamped the little "25th" on top.  There's a little light dusting of gesso on all the paper edges for a snowy look...
I love this little number stamp - it features on the inside of the card and on the envelope too.
As you can see, the sentiment looks just as good stamped in black!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Things are pretty busy at the moment, both in life and over at Words and Pictures, so I'm keeping it short today... but I'll just leave you with a quick reminder to come and play in the October Referral Program with any projects you've made using Artistic Outpost stamps.  Hope to see you there!

Designer: Alison Bomber

10 comments:

Dianne said...

Brilliant C___ Card,Loooove the vintage scene and all the ragged edging, the gorgeous corner pieces, another gorgeous piece of art work called a card, thanks so much for sharing hope you have a wonderful day...

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Alison. Not quite used to seeing you do C stuff and so early. Cannot wait until I can get my hands on these stamps so I can put your inspiration to use with my spin on it. Thanks Alison.
Hugs
xx

froebelsternchen said...

what a fab piece!

Annie said...

Love your Christmas card. Lovely layers and beautiful g45 papers.

TFS and crafty hugs
Annie x

Terry said...

Love this, Alison! The chalkboard and neutral color palette is a winning combination! Hugs!

cathylynn said...

What a fun card! You've created another fine beauty! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Deborah said...

Chalkboard and Christmas - that's a new one on me but they are perfect together.

Nan G said...

Love the vintage feel and neutral color scheme of your C.... card.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Christmas card Alison, I'm just warming up to the idea of,maybe, making some myself :-) Sue C x

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous crimbo card I really love the vintage theme and the layers, beautiful. Kezzy :-) xxx