October 1, 2013

Autumn Tags

Hello all, Alison here with the first tags I made using the beautiful new Hayride stamp release.

I just wanted to have a little play to start with, and so I created some inky backgrounds in autumnal colours.
I started out with wrinkle-free distress technique on one tag, and then headed lighter and lighter with my inking from there.  So the palest tag is very simply inked around the edges, and the stamping is mainly in Sepia Archival.
Then a more strongly inked one with some spritz and flick technique. You can see that although the wooden notice is stamped in Sepia, I've stamped the words over the top in Potting Soil.  I love that you can insert different words onto the notice board!
A bit more ink again, and this time I added some stencilling for extra texture.
And finally here's the wrinkle-free distress version, with the stamping done in Potting Soil so that it holds its own against the full-on background!
On all of them, I used a second stamping of the pumpkins on a book page as a mask so that I could stamp the notice and vine "behind" them... I'm so in love with this vine stamp!
I absolutely love the little wooden pail of apples - what a gorgeous image!
The sentiment I added is from the Old Grist Mill set - another instance of Artistic Outpost's brilliant mix-and-matchability between stamp sets!
Simple raffia and twine, also inked in progressively darker colours, finishes off the tags.
Hope that leaves you ready to gather in the harvest!  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Don't forget a brand new Referral Program starts today here at Artistic Outpost.  If you've been using AO stamps on a project, do come and share them with us... we love to see what you've been making, and you could win the prize draw or be featured as one of our top picks at the end of the month!

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely autumnal colours and images.
Hugs Brenda x

Deborah said...

Love the Thoreau quote - works wonderfully with these golden one layer tags.

Astrid Maclean said...

They look fantastic!! Love how you used those stamps!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Alison, these are honey delicious, still looooooving them, gorgeous, they get better with more color, thanks for sharing..

Julie Lee said...

Really evocative, seasonal tags - inspiring and beautiful. Julie Ann xx