August 27, 2013

More coffee?

Hello everyone, Alison here.  Just a quick chance to catch up with the Coffee Guys... and given several of you seemed keen to try to get a date with one or other of the two, I hope you'll be happy to see them again!
The stamps used are mainly from the Generation Redux set, but the individual words - Explore, Dream, Discover - are borrowed from the Huck Finn plate.
I used corrugated cardboard (of course) - gesso'd and stamped with the little bubble-wrap stamp from Generation Redux - as well as some paper from one of the Tim Holtz stacks to layer up my monochrome background.
The Coffee Guys themselves (sorry - that's just how I think of them in my head) are stamped on a gesso'd book page...
... as are the bold and beautiful numbers...
... and the extra little coffee advertisement.  All edging and inking is done with Pumice Stone and/or Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.
The Huck Finn words are stamped onto some leftover scraps of the TH paper (never let a square centimetre go to waste!).
I added some of my rusted bits and bobs - hardware from the hardware store...
... as well as a rusted Idea-ology hinge clip...
... and added some subtle grey satin ribbon tied with Idea-ology paper string.

And that's pretty much that for my monochromatic tag.  Don't forget you've just a few days left to enter the August Referral Program here at Artistic Outpost with your projects using AO images. And do drop in tomorrow for a VERY exciting post!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon.

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures

5 comments:

May said...

WOW..Love the rusty elements & fabulous stamps...I think I may need to get this set...Hugs May x x x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Corrugated card, warm tones, rusty pieces and handsome gents what more could you want or need in a piece of art, Love it. Tracy x x

Sandy said...

Explore,dream and drink coffee. Well I have the firs three down pat!
Sandy

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Alison! Love that Coffee colour - and the coffee theme!

Lucy x

froebelsternchen said...

I really adore this ALISON... I am thrilled about this!