June 9, 2013

Umbrella Girl


I'm back with a card I made for the recent Boardwalk release at Artistic Outpost.  This set is so versatile and so much fun to create with.  So many possibilities...here I stamped the umbrella girl and then masked her to then stamp the ATC sized plate of the Steel Pier.  I love the vintage photo feel this has created with the girl in the foreground and then buildings behind.  I matted her on a piece of corrugated cardboard, then matted again with a piece of designer paper with a beach umbrella pattern, cut with the Tim Holtz postage stamp die.   I hand cut the sentiment banner, stamped second generation shell images and heat embossed the sentiment over them.  For the end shells, I stamped them with jet black archival, trimmed them out and then colored them with the Tattered Rose distress marker.  Then I coated them with glossy accents to make nice shiny shells.  The post card texture fade was used to created a textured background.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin

3 comments:

Janna said...

Great card! I think I'm going to have to get this set!

Yvonne Garner said...

Sheer genius! Love this.

Words and Pictures said...

Love her masked against the Pier building, and those shells look so cool!
Alison x