May 28, 2013

Coffee Stirrer Boardwalk

Hello all!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Here's the first of my projects using the fabulous new Boardwalk stamps... it sounds as though you all love the new plate as much as we do!

This piece is constructed around my coffee stirrer boardwalk.  Cheekily, I swiped a handful of wooden coffee stirrers the last time I was in the coffee shop, and pressed them into action with some of these wonderful stamps.
The Vintage Cabinet Card dies make a great 3D frame, especially when cut out of mountboard for extra stability.  I did some gentle inking with Distress Stains, sticking to summer beach colours, and stamped some background seashells too.  I used Distress Paints on the "boards" themselves.  I love the fifties style lettering on the song quote!
The frame is held together with recycled sponges out of the Texture Fades packaging, cut to fit, and stamped with the seashells for a decorative look.
The "tintype" badges were stamped, coloured with Distress Markers and then coated in UTEE with a swipe of Pewter Distress Stain for a metallic look.
Just a couple more days left to join in with the May Referral Program here at Artistic Outpost... we love seeing your projects using AO images.

See you again soon!

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures

9 comments:

Deborah said...

I simply adore this, from the 'gentle inking' (wonderfully wispy) to those coffee stirrer planks. Genius.

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! This is very cool, Alison. I love the 'planking' of the boardwalk. Very creative and a perfect feature. The soft blues and greens is lovely!
Kate

Netty said...

terrific construction Alison, xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You are an artistic genius! I am totally in love with your boardwalk - the design and execution - love the faded planks!

Hugs,
Linda

Terry said...

You really do give new meaning to "Boardwalk." I so adore the little beach scene you created and so many well thought details! Love this!

Connie Fossenier said...

Allison dynamite, wow...I love the color hues and all the altered pieces you used...A very unique creation.
connie paxman

Dianne said...

Still loven this, it's the BOMB, you rock Alison.Have a wonderful day...

Brenda Brown said...

So original and beautifully put together.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Yvonne Garner said...

Alison, you continue to amaze and delight me with your creations. This is just jaw dropping, breathtaking, and beautiful. Love the boards!