March 5, 2013

From a distance...

Hello everyone!  I hope you're enjoying seeing everyone's work with the amazing new Paperboy release as much as I am...

I'm sharing my Paperboy diorama with you here today at Artistic Outpost.  I love that the stamps include images with different dimensions - to me it was an immediate invitation to play with scale and distance (any Father Ted fans out there who remember this brilliant 30-second scene will know exactly what I mean!).
I used the Cabinet Card and mini Cabinet Card dies to create my 3D setting.  I covered some chipboard with the text tissue wrap, which has a pretty good look of newsprint, before cutting the frames.
The gorgeous cityscape is clearly furthest away, so that's my background image.
The girls are in the middle distance, stuck to the back of the central frame.
And the paperboy himself is right in the foreground attached to the first frame.  They're all stamped in Black Archival, and shaded with Antique Linen distress stain, applied with a waterbrush.
To create the padding between the frames, I used the foam inserts that come as part of the packaging with the Texture Fade embossing folders, sliced in half lengthwise.
I added some metal embellishing to the the front, but otherwise kept it pretty simple to let these fantastic images do the talking.
Thanks so much for dropping by today.  And don't forget that with just one AO stamp involved in a project, you can enter the March Referral Programme here at AO - we'd love to have you play along!

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures

7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous perspective on this. Love the way you have used the stamps.
X0x

Nancy Walker said...

Great depth, Alison! I knew there would be a use for those pieces of foam from the Texture Fades packaging! I have been saving mine for a long time now. Thanks for sharing this diorama with us!

Unknown said...

Gorgious! I really like how you wrapped all the different layers in the paper gives it a great added depth.

Hugs
Caroline

Michelle said...

Amazing piece! I love that it's 3-D. It's like looking into a different world. Awesome!

Terry said...

Love the depth you have crreated! Beautiful project and great use of those stamps!!! Hugs!

artwolf2009 said...

what a wonderful project, love the 3-D effect

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Awesome diorama effect on this one, Alison! Love the vintage cabinet card die cuts an the stark b/w color palette. The gears and time piece are the perfect embellishments for this one.

Hugs,
Linda