February 21, 2013

Keep A Song In Your Heart

I am showcasing the BIRDS OF A FEATHER plate from Artistic Outpost this week decorating a small canvas.
The background has been painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints and my bird has been stamped onto crumpled tissue as I wanted texture on my canvas.
 
The bird has also been coloured with paints and I have added a couple of piece of lace for added texture and interest.
I stamped the sentiment from the SONGBIRDS plate onto a scrap of fabric again for further texture and then added a wooden bird for dimension.
I also stamped a little text using snowflake Fresco Finish Paint.
To complete I added a flower spritzed with a reinker mix along with a wooden bird and heart.

Don't forget our fabulous REFERRAL THEME, you can enter any project using Artistic Outpost images and can link your projects HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Designer: Tracy Evans


8 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Such a beauty... the bird looks wonderful perched in the corner, and I love the white Gothic text!
Alison x

barbarayaya62 said...

really Wonderful! I love bright colors!!!! BARbarayaya

jo said...

Love this Tracy!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really beautiful!

Dianne said...

Fantastic card , its all in the details, I love it thanks for sharing...

Terry said...

Beautiful mini canvas, Tracy! One of my favorite plates, so perfectly colored!

Unknown said...

This is very fun little piece! The quote is one of my favorites of all time.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is just wonderful, Tracy. What a cool way to use that plate. Your robin image looks amazing on that box and I love the color palette you used. Your little wooden embellies are so perfect for this piece - very cool work!

Hugs,
Linda