February 16, 2013

Cheerio!

Stamps - Artistic Outpost Generation Redux, London Underground.  Designer Kate Yetter


The Generation Redux plate is the star of this card. I used the image of the two males as well as the sentiment from the London Underground plate. A little bit of corrugated cardboard and a metal keyhole help make it a bit more rustic.


I have been dying to try this background technique for a while. It is a plaid background achieved by using tissue tape. I used several colors of spray and then decided it needed some more color so I used a number stencil and added some turquoise spray. I recently discovered what fun acetate can be. I embossed a leftover piece from a die package and rubbed liquid leaf over the embossed areas.

Masculine cards are perfect for all the males in my family. I am planning on sending this one to my dad for his upcoming birthday. Not to mention that Father’s Day isn’t too far off. So start crafting and share it with us over at the February Referral Challenge.

Designer - Kate Yetter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Kate! Just the inspiration I need for some male cards this month!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Just been admiring this over at yours, Kate - really fantastic background technique! Love the spritz of turquoise, and that gilded acetate - fabulous...
Alison x

Terry said...

This background is just amazing, Kate. Love the masculine feel you created! Stunning!