January 27, 2013

Wood You Dream?

Greetings Artistic Outpost friends!  I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start.  Today I am sharing a card I made with Artistic Outpost stamps Birds of a Feather and Huck Finn.  I made this for my weekly post over at Our Creative Corner's challenge to use wood on a project.  I actually used a piece of bark as a backing for my bird image.  

The lovely vintage bird image from Birds of a Feather was stamped on manila CS in sepia archival and then masked.  The text stamp was stamped over the mask in black archival.  The mask was removed and the piece was coated with one layer of UTEE and sponged with vintage photo.

Using a piece of dark brown CS, I stamped the little flourish stamp from Birds of a Feather around the outer edge and white embossed it, then scissor distressed the edges and sponged them with Vintage Photo.  The leaves are Ranger foil tape over card stock, cut with an old Sizzlet die, run through the Regal Flourish texture fade and painted with the Vintaj Weather Copper patina paints. My flower is various fabrics cut with the Tattered Florals die, plus a bit of vintage crochet work and a rhinestone button from Melissa Frances. The Dream stamp is from the Artistic Outpost Huck Finn set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  

Designer:  Linda Coughlin

5 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fabulous, Linda, and I love having more information on how it was made. I love the layered flower, the piece of bark, and the white embossing - all of it really!

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

This is so beautiful - I love the "charred" edges to the image and that great text in the background... and I realised that over at the FJ, I didn't even mention that astoundingly beautiful flower!!
Alison xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful Linda, gorgeous layout, great masking and stamping. Love the white embossed image at the top and your flower is stunning. Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is gorgious I love all the layers and textures. Wonderful creation!

Hugs
Caroline

Terry said...

WooHoo, I love this so much Linda! Honestly, I have never seen a prettier piece of bark! BTW thanks to your inspiration, I made a flower!