October 26, 2012

Dia de la Muertes

Happy Friday!  Suzz here.

I decided to have some fun with the new Gothic 31 plate and decorate a paper mache skull: 

 Here is the Dia de La Muertes angle:

My skull has a split personality. He has one side of his skull inspired by the Day of the Dead an the other is the traditional spooky Halloween.

I thought of the bright colors on the Day of the Dead art and tried to emulate that by coloring, cutting, and layering the roses along the side of the skull.  I added the sentiment above that.

On my traditional Halloween side of the skull:
 I stamped the web on the top of the eyebrow and added a spider crawling out of the eye.  I thought it would be funny to add a little beard using the vines along the bottom.

We have trick or treating this weekend and want to wish you all a safe and All Hallows Eve!

Suzz

Designer: Suzanne Czosek

4 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing, so original and artistic,

Lucy x

Shelly Hickox said...

This is incredible, Suzz!! Very, very cool!

Claudia N. said...

Hoooohhh, Suzanne,

this is really spooky!! Especially the spider coming out of the eye-hole... brrrrr!

Awesome!!!!

die amelie xxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is ultra cool! Love the way you used the stamps to decorate the skull. The split personality approach is brilliant!