October 14, 2012

A Simple Wall Hanging

Here's a 7x7" wall hanging made on a round piece of chipboard which features a set that I have just fallen in love with - Old Grist Mill.  I have used it so much this fall as it is perfect for all of my fall crafting needs.  For this piece, I just used the covered bridge stamp, the largest stamp in the set, along with the sentiment 'Enjoy simple beauty'.  I repeated the word 'simple' for the tag at the top along with the leave stamp.  The flowers were cut with three different Sizzix Alterations dies:  Tattered Florals, Mini Tattered Florals and Tattered Flowers so I could have a range of size and shapes to stack in layers for the flowers.  The leaves were also handmade with the Mini Tattered Leaves die and I thought the doily at the bottom made a nice rustic touch.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are enjoying a beautiful fall weekend.

Linda Coughlin, Guest Designer
The Funkie Junkie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgious! Great color combos and composition. I am going to go check out the Old Grist Mill set.

Hugs
Caroline

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely hanging... inspired to get the doilies out!
Alison x