September 27, 2012

PICTURE STAR

The newly released PICTURE STAR plate is perfect I feel for those film fanatics, really brings back memories of those old classics I used to watch as a child with my parents; now I am showing my age! The background image has been stamped randomly onto Kraft card with black archival ink and sponged with vintage photo to age.
I added the focal image, which I stamped with black archival and aged with vintage photo Distress Ink, to an ornate frame which I coloured with black acrylic paint, I love the black and kraft colour palette on this piece, its always been a favourite of mine. The strips either side of the focal image are also from the same plate and again stamped onto kraft card with black archival.
I added the film strip ribbon around the outside edges of my card, perfect I feel for this piece and a great way to frame the star of the show. Lights, Camera, Action was stamped onto kraft card, cut out and added around my card, this text is also from the same plate. I stamped the clapper board (again from the same stamp plate) with black archival, aged a little with vintage photo ink and added action to the top.
No star studded piece is complete without a star and this time in a wooden form, again coloured with vintage photo ink. I added A STAR to the top, part of another fabulous sentiment from the plate and perfect when combined with the focal image.

Thanks for stopping by.

Designer: Tracy Evans

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious use of the new stamps, Tracy - real class and style!
Alison x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love, love, love this Tracy! Everything about it is just sensational.