June 21, 2012

Liquid Luck

I am showcasing the fabulous APOTHECARY plate this week with an altered tin.
I coloured my tin with ginger Alcohol Ink and then began layering my images inside the tin.  First of all I stamped the large poison bottle which I stamped onto Grungepaper and then coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink.  For added texture and interest I added Clear Rock Candy crackle and then blended more vintage photo into the cracks. The small bottle on the right is from Wendy Vecchi's Embellish Your Art embellishments, again coloured with Alcohol Ink and adding "potion" to the bottle which I inked with black soot Distress Marker as I just wanted this word in particular from the sentiment. I added some spirals of rusty wire to represent a warning bit like barbed wire as in danger!
I added the background receipt stamp to the back of my tin and also added the wire so that I could achieve different layers within the tin.  I added my gentlemen (the chemist mixing these potions) stamped with black Archival Ink and coloured with vintage photo ink.
I love all the bits and pieces of text and wording you get with this plate, perfect for layering and adding interest.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week.

Tracy Evans

4 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab, I love all the little details tucked into this tin! Fab! Hugs trace x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Mahoosive creative brilliance...so cool!!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! I need to do something with all those little tins I keep collecting. Blessings!

MaRyKaY said...

what a fabulous tin. I agree I too love all the lil bits and bobs you get with this set. I hope I get to purchase this one sooon. thanks for sharing this tin with us