May 26, 2012

Kudzu Kafe...It's A Fun Place!

Are you loving Kudzu Kafe? I know I am! For my first May Release DT pieces, I decided to do a matching set of sorts. I just love the Lined Image on this set so much. I think there are so many uses for it...like here as the grass/road. It would be awesome as siding on a building, a design on clothing, hair, journaling lines, rows of crops on a farm, waves on a calm ocean...I could go on and on.  
Born To Stand Out: Having a comical sentiment on a vintage image like this makes me happy. I love all those cards with the older people on it with funny quotes. All the images on both cards are from Kudzu Kafe and Serenity and are stamped in Jet Black Archival onto kraft paper. They are all colored in with Distress Markers or water colored with Distress Ink. The sentiments are from Think and Wonder.
Fun Is Good: This card was done basically the same way as the first, except the sign. I wanted to create a rusted and vintage looking sign, highlighting my favorite thing...homemade ice cream. I used Antiquities Rust Embossing Powder over silver embossing on top of Tim's Hanging Sign Die. Chain and jump rings attached the stained wooden veneer sign. It was stamped in Jet Black Archival and colored in with Distress Markers. 

Anita Houston, Guest Designer

1 comment:

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifully created! Such imagination you have. Have a wonderful weekend! Best, Yvonne