March 17, 2012

The Deisel Punk Beginning Driver


My son has just obtained his driver's permit after turning 15, so I made him this card for his birthday. Isn't this stamp set perfect for a beginning driver??? The Diesel Punk images are so versatile for themes, and the Industrial Chic images are versatile for just about anything you want to alter or embellish. Can you see how I altered the date from 1779 to 1997...perfect that it worked that way for my son! I was so excited to give him this card, and he just loved it and gave me a huge hug! I am sure he will treasure it always!
I stamped all the images using Archival Ink in Jet Black. All the Diesel Punk images were also heat embossed using Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder, then were colored in using watercolor pencils and glaze pens. All of the background sentiments were stamped in StazOn Silver. 
I hope you have a wonderful creative Saturday, and a happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anita Houston, Guest Designer

3 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing art, beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, I'm waiting on the Diesel Punk set to land on my door mat ! Sue C x

Traci said...

This is adorable! I love this. Very unique! TFS! ;0)