November 30, 2011

Happy 176th Birthday, Mark Twain

As Google reminded me this morning, today is Mark Twain's 176th birthday.  In his honor, I thought I would post this beeswax collage I created using our Huck Finn stamps and one of my favorite quotes from his "autobiographical" book "Life on the Mississippi".  "Now and then we had a HOPE that if we lived and were good, GOD would permit us to be PIRATES."  I know my five year-old thinks it would indeed be divine to be a pirate.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Samuel Langhorne Clemens!
Have a great Wednesday,
Robyn

2 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

I really love this beautiful piece and its a great tribute. penny

Anonymous said...

Some day...when I grow up....I will be a pirate. (...but maybe that's my problem....maybe I don't need to grow up first!!)